Product added to cart.Shopping cart Continue shopping
Privacy and Data Protection
We appreciate your visit to our website and thank you for your interest in our company, our products and our web pages. Protecting your privacy when using our web pages is important to us. Therefore, please take note of the following information:
1) Basic Information about handling personal data
You may visit our website without your having to release any personal data. For each access to our website usage data will be transmitted by the respective internet browser and are stored in log files, the so called server log files such as date and time of the call, name of the accessed page, data volume transferred and the name of the inquiring provider. Those data cannot be attributed to a particular person and are exclusively intended to ensure a smooth operation of our website and to improve our offer.
Personal data are only collected if you voluntarily disclose such data to us for the purpose of concluding a contract or opening a customer account. It is evident from the respective input form which data are collected. Closing your customer account shall be possible at any time and may be effected through a message to the contact address described below. We store and use the data you disclose to us for the purpose of contract processing. Upon complete fulfilment of the contract or closing of your customer account, your data will be blocked with care for tax and commercial retention periods and will be deleted upon expiry of those periods, unless you have explicitly consented to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to use your data permitted by law. Hereinafter we inform you accordingly about such a reservation.
When contacting us (for example via contact form or e-mail) personal data will be collected. It is evident from the respective input form which data are collected. Those data will be stored and processed exclusively for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or of getting in contact with you and for the connected technical administration. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your inquiry, if you so desire, provided that legal retention periods will not be barred by a deletion.
2) Transfer of personal data for the purpose of order handling
2.1 For the purpose of contract fulfillment, personal data collected by us are transferred to the transport company commissioned with the delivery, provided this is required for delivering the goods.
Among other things this website uses so-called "cookies” serving to make our Internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure – for instance to accelerate navigation on our platform. Furthermore, cookies allow us to measure the frequency of website visits as well as general navigation. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer system. Please note that some of these cookies are transferred from our server to your computer system, mostly so-called "session cookies”. "Session cookies” are characterized by being automatically deleted from your hard drive upon the end of the browser session. Other cookies remain on your computer system and allow us to recognize your computer system during your next visit (so-called permanent cookies). You may certainly decline these cookies at any time provided your browser permits this. Please note that once your browser is set to decline cookies (from our website) certain features of this website may not be available or restricted.
This website uses the Youtube embedding functions for display and playback of videos offered by "Youtube". To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback functon of the video is started. When the playback function of embedded Youtube videos is started, the provider sets "Youtube" cookies in order to collect information on users. According to indications from "Youtube", the use of those cookies is intended to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network "double click" is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyound our control. Further information on "YouTube" data protection can be found in the provider's data protection statement at: www.google.co.uk/intl/en-GB/policies/privacy/
5) Web analysis service
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called Cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and which enable you to conduct an analysis of the use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website will normally be transmitted to a server in the US, where it is stored.
In the case of activating an IP anonymizer for this website, your IP address will however be abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or within other member states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be transmitted to a server in the US, where it is abbreviated. On behalf of the website operator, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services connected to the website use and the internet use for the benefit of the website operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be linked to other data retrieved by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we should point out that in that case you might not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You may permanently refuse Google to collect data generated by cookies regarding the use of the website (including your IP address) and to process them by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As an alternative to the browser plugin or for browsers regarding mobile devices, please click on the following link in order to set an opt-out cookie, which disables Google Analytics to collect data on this website in the future (this opt-out cookie only functions for this browser and this domain. If you delete your cookies on this browser, you have to click again on this link:
Deactivate Google Analytics
It is noted that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizetp()”. IP addresses can therefore be processed only in abbreviated form in order to prevent personal references.
7) Information on Customer Rights and Contacts
You are entitled to obtain information on your saved data free of charge and on how to correct, block or delete this data where applicable. Please contact us with any further inquiries about the collection, processing or use of your personal data. The same shall apply for obtaining information, your requests to block, delete or correct your personal data as well as for withdrawals of granted consents. You can find our contact address in our legal notice.
Michael and Udo Brecher GbR
40764 Langenfeld, Germany
Authorized partners: Michael and Udo Brecher
phone: +49 178-7857048
Mondays to Fridays 16.00 to 18.00.
Fax: +49 2173 21062
Owner: Michael and Udo Brecher
Tax number: 135/5907/0087
VAT ID No.: DE153205007
Responsible for content according to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV: Michael Brecher
We assume no liability for the content of external links. The operators of the linked pages are solely responsible for their content. At the time the links were set up, these pages were free of content that could have led to criminal prosecution or claims for damages under civil law.
Langenfeld City Savings Bank
IBAN: DE71 3755 1780 0000 2745 71
General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Subject matter
These Terms and Conditions apply to all orders and contracts made at Bike-Tower by private persons. A private persons is a person, who has its place of residence in Germany and a shipping address in Germany. In the following a persons who places an order is called “customer”.The ordered goods of private persons do not belong to a commercial or freelance business.
§ 2 Contract
With product presentation and offering to place an order there is - on our part - no binding offer connected, yet. Only an actual order means an offer to us to close a contract. If the customer places an order at www.bike-tower.de, we will check the stock concerning the customer’s order and send a confirmation of the customer’s order to the indicated email address that is confirming the contract.
§ 3 Prices and Shipping Costs
The displayed prices are final prices (incl. VAT). The price applies, that is displayed at the moment of placing a binding order. Shipping costs depending on the pieces of ordered goods and shipping methods will be added. Details can be found here shipping costs. The regular costs of returning goods in case of cancellation of the contract at customers side according to terms of cancellation will be refunded by us. In the case of cancellation we refund shipping costs, too.
§ 4 Payment
Payment within Germany is exclusively made by papal or prepayment.
§ 5 Delay of Payment
If there is a delay of payment at customer side, Bike-Tower is entitled to demand default interest 5 % above base interest rate announced by the German Bundesbank at the moment of order placement. If there is a higher loss at Bike-Tower side caused by the delay of payment, Bike-Tower is entitled to claim this.
§ 6 Compensation
The customer has the right for compensation if his or her counter-claims are determined legally or undoubted at Bike-Tower side.
§ 7 Right of Retention
The customer is only entitled to make use of the right of retention as his counter-claims are based on the same contract.
§ 8 Shipping
(1) Shipping will be carried out to the indicated shipping address. Is the shipping address outside of Germany, the products will be only delivered if the customer refunds the additional shipping and customs costs - compared to a delivery within Germany - to Bike-Tower.
(2) If events beyond Bike-Tower`s control (natural disasters, war, civil war, terror attacks) stop deliveries of goods or services permanently, Bike-Tower is discharged from liability. Refunds of payments that are already made are returned by Bike-Tower immediately.
(3) Bike-Tower can refuse services if they require input, that is - considering the content of the contract and goodwill - in a strong discrepancy to the interest of the customer concerning fulfilment of the contract. Refunds of payments that are already made are returned by Bike-Tower immediately.
§ 9 Cheapest way of returning goods, no "unfree" returns
(1) In case of returns please use the original packaging, also if the packaging is damaged due to testing functions. You are not committed to that, but you can avoid compensation for lost value because of the missing original packaging by returning the goods in their original packaging.
(2) For returns please avoid expensive shipping costs, because we are only committed to refund comparatively cheap shipping costs.
(3) "Unfree" returns will not be accepted by Bike-Tower.
§ 10 Reservation of Property Rights
As long as all claims against the customer concerning the contract are not balanced the delivered goods stay in the property of Bike-Tower. As long as the reservation of property exists the customer is not allowed to resell the goods or have it at his or her disposal. Furthermore, the customer is not allowed to admit usage of the goods to a third party.
§ 11 Warranty Rights
(1) If a product is already faulty at the moment of delivery (claim covered by warranty) Bike-Tower is - as the customer chooses - replace/reimburse the faulty product with a non faulty or arrange repairs (supplementary performance).
The customer will be informed that it is not a claim covered by warranty if the goods were in the agreed conditions at the moment of transfer.
A claim covered by warranty is not applying, if:
a) design was changed without affecting functionality
c) damages caused at customer side due to misuse or incorrect use
b) damages caused at customers side due to external influences (extreme temperatures, humidity, extreme physical or electric strains, voltage fluctuation, lightning stroke, static electricity, fire)
Bike-Tower reserves the right to perform technical changes in a reasonable scale without performing information duties.
(2) Bike-Tower does not take responsibility for a mistake due to incorrect use or repairs by a non authorised service partner of the manufacturer.
(3) If the supplementary performance demanded by the customer (reimbursement or repair) requires an input that is - considering the product price concerning the content of the contract and goodwill - in a strong discrepancy to the interest of the customer, the demand is only limited to the different kind of supplementary performance. The value of the product free from defects, the importance of the defect is to be considered as well as the question if the different supplementary performance is not a disadvantage for the customer. The right of Bike-Tower to refuse also this kind of supplementary performance under explained preconditions remains unaffected.
(4) Either in case of repairs or reimbursement the customer is committed to send the product back to Bike-Tower. The customer has to indicate order number and his or her shipping address. The cost for shipping is paid by Bike-Tower. Before returning the goods the customer has to remove parts or stickers he added. Bike-Tower is not committed to check the product for added parts. Bike-Tower is not liable for the loss of such parts unless Bike-Tower could recognize the addition of such parts easily. (In this case Bike-Tower informs the customer and keeps the part that the customer can pick it up; the customer carries the occurring costs)
(5) If the customer returns a product to be reimbursed, the warranty of the returned complies with the following: If the customer could use the product between delivery and return in proper condition he has to refund the value of this received benefit. If the break up, further deterioration of the product or the impossibility of returning the product within delivery and return is not caused by the defect, the customer has to refund this value. The customer does not have to refund the lost value of deterioration of the product due to correct use of the product.
The duty to refund the lost value in case of returning a defect product in case of a claim that is covered by warranty does also not apply if:
a) the defect that entitles a cancellation of the contract was displayed after usage or change of the product.
b) the deterioration or break up is on Bike-Towers responsibility or the damage would have also occurred on Bike-Towers side
c) the deterioration or break up occurred at customer`s side although the customer took care as if would be his or her own business (diligentia quam suis rebus)
(6) The duty of claim compensation on customer side caused by breach of reshipment duty (on customer side) conforms with legal regulations.
(7) The customer can resign from contract or reduce the product price if repair or reimbursement didn’t take place during an appropriate time period or the process didn’t bring out a product condition, that is suitable to the contract.
(8) The implied warranty ends 2 years after the delivery of the product. (9) It starts with receipt of the products.
§ 12 Duty of product checking and defect report
The customer is to be in bond:
a) to check the delivered products to detect obvious defects (also concerning delivered quantity)
b) to report obvious defects in written form to Bike-Tower, immediately unless the customer performs his or her right of cancellations in time and in the appropriate form.
§ 13 Warranty
(1) In the case of ordinary negligence Bike-Tower is only liable for breaches of main contract duties and the liability is limited to the foreseeable damage or loss. The limitation doesn’t apply in case of injury or life, body and health. For any other damages caused ordinary negligent by the defect of the purchased product Bike-Tower is not liable.
(2) Independent from a default on Bike-Tower side its liability in case of fraudulent concealment of a defect or an adoption of a warranty remains unaffected.
(3) Bike-Tower is also responsible for the impossibility of shipment during the shipment that occurs coincidentally unless the loss would have also occurred in the case of shipment on time.
(4) Personal liability is excepted for the legal representatives, auxiliary persons and employees of Bike-Tower for damages caused by their ordinary negligence.
§ 14 Applicable Law
The closed contract between customer and Bike-Tower is subject to the law of Germany and to the explicit exclusion of UN-Convention on Contracts for International Sale of Goods.
§ 15 Jurisdiction
As long as the customer at the moment of order against his or her statement doesn’t have his or her place of residence in Germany or he or she changes his or her place of residence into a foreign country after closing the contract or at the moment of commencement of an action the place of residence of the customer is unknown, the jurisdiction for any conflicts concerning the contract is Langenfeld/Rheinland.
§ 16 Severability Clause, Written form
(1) If some regulations of these rules should be or become void or effectless at all or only partly, the effectiveness of the contract remains unaffected. Both parties commit to replace a void or effectless regulation by an effective one, that approximates the volitional economical purpose most. The same applies in case of a gap.
(2) Changes or additions of this contract are to made in written form.
Right of revocation
You can cancel your contract within 14 days without giving reasons in writing (eg letter, fax, e-mail) or by returning the goods. The period begins after receipt of this instruction in text form, but not before receipt of the goods by the recipient and also not before fulfillment of the information obligations under Article 246 § 2 in conjunction with § 1 paragraphs 1 and 2 EGBGB and our obligations under § 312g paragraph 1 sentence 1 BGB in conjunction with Article 246 § 3 EGBGB. The timely dispatch of the revocation or the goods shall suffice to comply with the revocation period.
The revocation is to be addressed to:
Michael and Udo Brecher GbR
40764 Langenfeld, Germany
Consequences of revocation
In the event of an effective revocation, the services received by both parties shall be returned and any benefits derived (e.g. interest) shall be surrendered. If you are unable to return or surrender the goods or services received or their uses (e.g. advantages of use) to us, or if you are unable to return or surrender them in full or in part, or only in a deteriorated condition, you must compensate us for the loss in value. For the deterioration of the goods and for any use made of them, you must pay compensation only if the use or deterioration is attributable to a handling of the goods that goes beyond the inspection of the properties and functionality. Testing of properties and functionality means testing and trying out the respective goods, as it is possible and usual in a retail shop. Goods that can be sent by parcel post are to be returned at our expense and risk. Items that cannot be sent by parcel post will be collected from you. Obligations to reimburse payments must be fulfilled within 30 days. The period begins for you with the dispatch of your cancellation or the goods, for us with their receipt.
End of the revocation instruction.
Your Team Bike-Tower
|over 5 kg||up to 5 kg|
|within Germany||17,- EUR||10,- EUR|
|within EU (outside Germany)||40- EUR||22,- EUR|
|Switzerland / United Kingdom||50,- EUR||30,- EUR|
|outside EU (worldwide)||120,- EUR||50,- EUR|
Further information can be found in our Data protection guidelines.